Program Title: Children Collaging Workshop Facilitated by Taiye Idahor
Date: Thursday, March 27th, 2025
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Venue; Adekunle Primary School, 29, Makoko road, along Makoko road, close to
Nigeria police force.
Workshop Description:
The Children Collaging Workshop is part of the Archives and Memories exhibition
programming, offering students a hands-on opportunity to explore collage art while engaging
with themes of memory and storytelling.
The workshop was facilitated by artist Taiye Idahor.
It was fun working with the children at Adekunle primary school, I wish we could have accommodated more children but working on my own I could only work with 20 of them, so the teachers made a selection of students from age 5 to about 11 from different classes. They were excited because this was not something they usually do and their art classes if they had one did not involve making things. I let them be creative and they shined! I also asked them to bring empty carton boxes so they could see that it was something they could make at home and they could recycle materials. The carton boxes were cut to small pieces and was the base for the masks they made. I was very proud of them and their work! Such amazing young minds.



No comments:
Post a Comment